[blparent] Best strollers

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:56:21 UTC 2012

Jennifer,

It's not that I fear people coming up and taking the child, it's just
convenient to have them facing you rather than away since I have to stop
and tactilely check them from time to time. Though I have had people
want to touch Penny, and this I don't like, it certainly can still
happen in a forward facing stroller. I am not afraid of my child being
kidnapped though, but forward-facing is nice when they get to the age
where they like to throw objects for no reason. When Penny went through
this phase, we bought some of those bundgey chords to secure items like
cups and toys to the stroller, but we still had to stop and walk around
the stroller from time to time. It's not a huge deal, but again, a
convenience factor.

I go several places on my own without Ross or others, so I am use to
having to do this alone. I also have had to take Penny on the bus, and
yes, we also are suppose to fold the stroller up while on the bus.
Usually the driver will assist if necessary, and though it's not easy,
it can be done even when the child is little. You just get the hang of
it and learn how to hold a baby and fold the stroller up. Some drivers
are nice and will allow the stroller to stay unfolded if the brakes are
locked especially if the bus is not full, but other drivers are
sticklers for the rules. You can practice a system at home for holding a
baby while folding a stroller up. Of course the easier to fold up, the
easier the entire transaction is, smile.

Again, we are leaning towards the jogging stroller regardless if having
a flip-handle or not, but want to get the thoughts of many before
purchasing one.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: