[blparent] Best strollers- carriers vs. strollers

Jennith Lucas nethy.ann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:16:58 UTC 2012

Bridgit,

I'm a big believer in carriers and I use one exclusively with my 30+ lb
son. After trying numerous carriers, I've come to the conclusion that much
like strollers, there isn't really one brand or model that will work for
everyone and there are a LOT of choices out there. Of course it isn't for
everyone but for me, a carrier is much less burdensome than a stroller. It
gives me the freedom to go wherever I want without worrying about folding
or steps.

My son who is an active walker loves his carrier. I wouldn't call it
restrictive. He is at the level of conversation which he loves. He can move
his legs and arms. And I can hold hands with my husband if I want and never
worry about guiding the stroller. I have found a carrier I love that is
comfortable and causes no pain.

Definitely to each his own! Whatever works for individual parents is great.
just my perspective on how a carrier works for me.