[blparent] Best strollers- carriers vs. strollers

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:42:57 UTC 2012

I won't mind a carrier for certain situations, but I don't like them for
all-the-time use. In the beginning they can be great, but as the child
grows, I find them restrictive for baby and the extra weight too much
for me to carry around so much. Both sisters and sister-in-law tried
carriers, and I tried along with them, and we just didn't like them for
us, though tons of people certainly use and love carriers; this was just
our experience.

I'm use to a stroller, and many nowadays fold up quite easily and
nicely, and you don't have to remove items in storeage basket when
folded up, at least the ones we are looking at. One option can be to use
carrier and keep stroller folded up until at location when you can then
place them into a stroller if not wanting to use the carrier all the
time.

I do want a carrier for certain situations, but for me personally, I
prefer the stroller when out-and-about.

Out of curiosity, those who do, or have, used carriers, does the extra
weight get to you? This was my first thought the first time I tried a
carrier. I'm pretty active and fit, but have a slimmer frame and found
if I kept a baby in a carrier too long, it was uncomfortable and
burdensome. Again, this is just my experience and not saying it means a
carrier therefore is not the way to go for others, or that you will not
adjust to using a carrier, but I just found it fine when at home but
burdensome when using out-and-about.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: