[blparent] Potty Advice (was Intro from a new mommy)

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Apr 28 02:38:50 UTC 2012

If he isn't interested, I'd just wait.  Maybe give him some books that he
can only read in the bathroom, and there are always those annoying potty
videos with the catchy tunes about using the toilet.  My daughter was three
and a half, and everybody I knew seemed to be nagging me about why she
wasn't trained, till one day she just decided she was done with diapers, and
that was that.  In a couple of weeks, we had no accidents at all, even at
night.  So, not that I know everything, but I'd just wait till he shows
signs that he's ready.

Oh, and I saw a product at Babies R Us that looked interesting.  It was a
watch that a kid could wear, and you'd set it for every twenty minutes or
any interval you wanted, and when the potty time song played on the watch,
it was a clue for the kid to go potty.  The package said the watch would
eliminate parental reminders, or nagging in other words.  But I could just
see my daughter ignoring the watch, or taking it off and tossing it in the
bushes if she was too busy to be bothered with going to the toilet.  So
again, my strategy would be to wait.