[blparent] Healthy toddler snacks

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 09:18:59 UTC 2012

Goldfish crackers are one of the worse kid snack crackers because they
contain high amounts of trans-fat, sodium and carbs than a lot of snack
crackers. We use to give Penny goldfish crackers until I realized how
much of a difference there is between them and other snack crackers.
Keebler Club crackers are a much better choice, and so are oyster
crackers, which Pen loves. She thinks they are goldfish and will gobble
them up.

Most snack crackers contain high amounts of trans-fats, which are the
"bad" fats, and food high in trans-fat also contain the bad kind of
cholesterol. Be careful of snack crackers of any kind, and be aware of
serving sizes because it all comes down to portion control.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan