[blparent] Potty training

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 09:51:38 UTC 2012

We are going through potty training with Penny right now. Honestly,
there are so many methods out there, and it really is what works best
for you, the child and your lifestyle. And also know it doesn't
magically happen over night or after a weekend, which my sister
expected. It's tedious at times, although my nephew Caiden literally
potty trained himself in a matter of a week, grin.

We just make sure Penny uses the potty before and after nap and bed
times along with after meals. We fequently ask if she has to go, and
she's still going in a Pull Up but recognizing she needs to inform us of
this.

Some kids pick it up quicker than others, and don't stress if they don't
seem to be getting the hang of it. If they are going on four or older, a
problem is starting to develop, but my mom, who has a degree in early
childhood education, told me that it has to psychologically connect for
kids and this connection does not always happen at the same time for all
kids. Plus, there's always the chance of a medical condition as well.

I say try a couple of methods that seem reasonable to you and find out
what works. I just went straight to my mom, and so far her advice has
worked. She also recommended making up a potty song we only sing when on
the potty.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: