[blparent] two completely unrelated questions

Jennifer Bose jen10514 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 17:54:50 UTC 2012

Hi, fellow blind parents.

I love this list and I'm sorry that I ask more questions than
contribute help. I'll try to do better with that. Anyway, here are my
latest two questions:

1. What are some good suggestions for getting around with two small
children and a guide dog. My daughter Abigail will be three in October
and I currently do well with her in a baby harness. She's such a good
sport about it that she actually hands me the end I'm supposed to hold
if I don't get it quickly enough for her and says "Hold this, Mommy."
My other daughter Tara is three months old and I have her in a front
carrier when I go anywhere with both of them and the dog and we're
walking. What should I do when they can both walk, if I'm the only one
taking them somewhere, such as to the park or anywhere we might want
to go, for that matter? What should we do to get around safely like
that?
2. If anyone's had experience ordering from the ToysRUs/BabiesRUs
websites, please let me know how accessible you found them. I just
tried to order some things today and ran into difficulties, but if I'm
missing something that would make it easier, I'll try this again.

Thanks very much.

Jen