[blparent] Parenting and blindness

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Fri Aug 10 07:46:51 UTC 2012

That is the actual word they use and it is in the training manual for new
workers too. I found the manual on line and read through it because they
apparently are not able to provide the parent booklet in an accessible
format and I do not have a scanner right now. I tried to address the
supposed parentification issue with one worker after she told my 8 year old
to pick up his back pack so his mother would not all on it. She insists that
she would have expressed it that same way to any child.

Jennifer