[blparent] Hi

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:36:29 UTC 2012

Hey,

That's a trick I learned from the pediatrician ... when a kid is
acting up, hold their little chin or their face in your hand, look
directly into their face and say no or that's not nice, or that's not
acceptable, or whatever. When Erik really acts up that's what I do and
he gets the message. He usually cries and feels bad about it. He'll
get sad and then he'll come hug me later and we talk about why it was
bad.

The other day he was frustrated about something and he started
flailing his arms around and when I got down at his level he pushed my
face away with his hands and I wanted him to learn that hands in the
face isn't a good thing especaially if you hit someone. I put him in a
30 second time out where he cried the whole time and wouldn't look at
me. when I said he could get up he stood up and hugged me so hard. I
had to sit with him during the time out because he didn't really
understand he had to sit in the corner. It hurt my heart so bad to do
it but he's finally getting the idea that pushing people in the face
or hittting them in the face is not good.

anyways ... tyraid I know.