[blparent] sippy cups

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Tue Aug 21 02:21:48 UTC 2012

Hi.  How old is your baby, Jodie?  I can't remember for sure.  Like Agnes
said, usually babies are given sippies when it's time to quit the bottle.

As for playing with the sippies, your daughter will figure out that they're
pretty good to drink out of, but not much fun to play with when the novelty
wears off.  If the cups are truly spill proof, I'd just let her be.

There are zillions of different sippies you can try, too, if your baby is
having trouble drinking out of one kind.  Some have hard spouts, some have
soft nipples, some even have straws.  If she's playing with the cup, it
might be because she can't get liquid out of it.  We had a sippy graveyard
on our counter for a long time till we found ones that worked well.

Jo Elizabeth

I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops.--Stephen Jay Gould