[blparent] leashes and harnesses

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Thu Feb 9 18:06:24 UTC 2012

We have always used the "backpack" harness with the animal.  We use a
monkey, and have named him Bo Bo.  The leash does have a hole in it so you
can put it on your wrist.  The strap also comes off, so if you get to an
area where you want your son to play a little more freely, you can take the
strap off, put it in your pocket, and have your son continue to wear the
backpack part of the leash so you don't have to tote it around, and also so
the strap can be reattached in a hurry if necessary.  I've never seen a
wrist to wrist leash; I think my concern would be how easy it could be for
the child to get the leash off of his wrist.  With the backpack, it is
certainly a lot harder to wiggle away.
I hope this helps, and I'm glad you're checking out a variety of options.
Melissa