[blparent] placement of bells for crawling baby

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 11:46:45 UTC 2012

Hello Ronit,

This maybe be one of those things  that will take a little time for your son
to get used to.  Try playing with your son while he's wearing the bells and
use motivators like his favorite toy to help encourage him to crawl while
wearing the bells.  It's like putting shoes on for the first time.  Kids
often times don't know what to do with their feet because they're used to
just having socks on or if they're a Tucson baby like mine has been, they're
used to having nothing on their feet during the crawling phase because of
the heat.  Try just singing songs and having fun with him while he's wearing
the bells and see if he gets used to them after a couple of days.  Also,
just make sure that they're not rubbing him weird on his ankle just to rule
out that it's not something that isn't uncomfortable.  If you are concerned
about this then maybe getting him used to a harness and putting the bells on
the back of that would be a good option since you then wouldn't have to
worry about the bells dragging and poking him in any places.

Erin