[blparent] Child Protective Services

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 03:12:09 UTC 2012

I have no doubt that child protective services gets called on blind people a
lot, only because people don't know how we would do things or they might see
a certain thing that concerns them ... really I guess they probably think
they are doing the right thing.  I did foster care for a number of years and
had cps called on me twice ... both times the claims were unfounded and the
worker went on her merry way.  I also have had the cops called on me a
couple times, but again, they have come out, investigated, found nothing
amiss, and never bothered me again.  If you are feeding, clothing, bathing,
basically caring for your child and your home is clean ... meaning, you
know, as clean as it can possibly be with a new baby, very little sleep,
etc.  But as long as it's not a hazzard to anyone, you'll be fine.