[blparent] update on the kids

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Wed Feb 29 00:58:33 UTC 2012

I hear everyone on this topic, to some it may seem like you have a lack of
love or support for that kid, I mean, it's easy for parents to say ... Oh
how could you get rid of your child I could never do that ... But in all
honesty if you had to you would.  Sometimes it's stepping back and doing
what you know is right for the child and your family and if that's letting
them go, for ever, for a few days, for months, then you let them go.  I
mentioned this before, my nephew was out of control, my sister tried
everything, but he was using drugs, beating up on her and his brothers,
lying, stealing, not bathing, and she tried everything she could to get him
to straighten out.  Finally she let him go live with his dad, who is a
druggie, and after a while, the state got custody of him ... He's back home
now and doing fairly well, working on graduation and playing sports and now
respecting his mom and younger brothers.  Sometimes as hard as it is you
have to let your children go, sometimes just to call their bluff, if they
think it's better out there somewhere else and that's going to make them
behave, then by all means let them go to that somewhere else.  I would have
done the same with my daughter who was lying, sneaking boys in, shoplifting,
drinking, doing drugs ... but luckily she straightened up ... sort of ... as
much as a teen straightens up.  She managed to graduate a year early from
high school, because she still wanted to get out of my house ... and you
know what, she just moved out a couple months ago and we had to basically
tell her to.  Her bf wouldn't get a job or anything but was living here so I
finally said, either he contributes or he has to go ... and she went with
him.  Two years after she graduated high school, might I add, because her
home and Mommy were so horrible.

Sorry for the long post but I'm just trying to help parents understand that
when we give up our kids sometimes that's the option left and it's not
because parents don't love their kids it's because we do that we have to get
them the help they need.