[blparent] Teething infants and brushing young children's teeth

Pipi blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 00:42:32 UTC 2012

i used lots of cold things, teething rings put in fridge things like that. I
also liked the highlands teething tablets
as for brushing teeth, I never really found it any different than brushing
my own teeth without being able to see. they do make a finger brush, but I
never managed to find one in a store and wasn't an online shopper back then.
i used a kids toothbrush. I held it closer to the head so i had better
control. I basically just brushed by feeling where the head was at in sav's
mouth. i made sure to brush gently and to go at an angle making sure to
cover her entire mouth. I'd start at left side top, work my way across and
then do the same on the bottom. I would then brush her tongue.
sorry i'm not the greatest at explaining.
it sounds kind of weird, but practice on your husband. brush his teeth for
him and allow him to do the same. obviously a child's mouth will be much
smaller, but it would give you practice of brushing someone else's teeth.
oh and there are times now that my daughter at 3 still wants me to brush her
teeth. I also have her sit on my lap with her back to me. I have better
control that way.
As for teaching a child, i would brush savannah's teeth and talk to her
about what i was doing. then i'd let her experiement with her toothbrush
while i brushed my teeth. i'd talk to her about what i was doing.
while she does the majority of the brushing now, I tell her that i need to
check and i go back over them quickly just to make sure she did cover her
entire mouth.
hope something in my ramblings helps.
Pipi