[blparent] lights and sighted children

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 06:40:43 UTC 2012

thanks to all who responded.
Good information about the eyes and sight development: thanks.
and, yes, keeping them off is cheaper and preferable, but not anymore.
And, I get excited knowing what Azaan might be seeing and might want
to interact with.
Hey, I just might have to set an alarm: -- "lights off at this time"
to remind me.
I like the timer on your lights idea, but don't know how to do it.
someone's DH must be a "Bob the Builder" kind of guy. (smile)
  (smile)
We opted out of the ointment because it is to prevent infection from
sexually transmitted diseases. since many mothers either don't know
that they have Ghonoreah or Klimydia, Doctors give it to all the
babies -- just in case, just like the Vitamin K shot to clot the
blood, in case you are going to circumcize or the HepB vaccination
--[do you know how it is transmitted and the actual likelyhood of your
infant getting this disease??],   which is another thread entirely.
My point is that this ointment does not need to be given to babies
whose parents are certain that they don't have these two STDs because
Mom has been tested during pregnancy and no one has been fooling
around. I am a bit offended that the assumption is that I or my
husband are too ignorant to know whether we have an STD or too
irresponsible to care.  There are also side effects to the ointment,
if you want to google them.... for any preg parent.
anyway, the information about sight development is quite helpful!
THX.