[blparent] Group petitions to bring breast feeding back to Sesame Street

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:28:03 UTC 2012

While I completely agree with the sentiments this group has, Sesame
Street is for kids, not parents, so what really is accomplished by
showing breast-feeding mothers on a show geared towards toddlers and
preschoolers? Perhaps they should focus their efforts on education and
information about the benefits of breast-feeding as well as how it's
perfectly natural for women to do this instead of encouraging producers
to display breast-feeding mothers on TV. And if people were in an up
roar about singer Katie Perry and her voluptuous bosom, I'm sure
breast-feeding mothers will be a point of contention, though I disagree
since there's nothing sexual or inappropriate about breast-feeding, but
I'm sure others don't see it this way. Our Puritan roots are still to
deep in this country. Just my opinion.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: