[blparent] Holding a Pencil Right

Brandy W ballstobooks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:59:02 UTC 2012

Hi, Yes it matters a lot! Activities like playdough, silly putty, sand, picking up small objects like beads, finger plays, lacing and buttoning will all help. You can also take a tennis ball cut a slit in it and put small objects in it. She squeezes the ball and has to get things out. Strong fine motor skills lead to legible writing. You can also get pencil grips and other things to help.

Bran

“To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.”
- Victor Hugo

Brandy Wojcik  Discovery Toys Educational Consultant and Team leader
(512) 689-5045
www.playtoachieve.com
Follow me on Face Book at
http://www.facebook.com/PlayToAchieve.DiscoveryToys

Read my new blog at www.playtoachieveballstobooks.wordpress.com

Looking forward to helping you with your educational toy needs!