[blparent] new member with a brief introduction

Michael Babcock michael.babcock09 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 18:23:33 UTC 2012

good day;
I am a completely blind parent of a 2 year old sun. His name is Nicholas, and I have him 33% of the year. I figured I would join this list in order to see other parenting tips and tricks. My fiancé is sighted; so I have no issues with using her to the best of my ability, in the nicest way of saying that. I have been blind since birth, and all of my siblings and both parents are sighted. Nicholas his self is a very active and sighted 2-year-old. He was born at 33 weeks; and was 4 pounds 1.5 ounces. Other then his early birth, and after spending eight weeks in seattle at the hospital he was able to come home. I don't have him however my time with him will happen as soon as I find a rental in Anchorage as I just moved up here to be the new Assistive Technology and Braille Instructor at the alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired. If I have any questions regarding parenting; and or any tips I will be sure to post them here. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and all of your kids are healthy and playing.

Michael Babcock, Assistive Technology And Braille Instructor
Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Equipping Alaskans for success
Phone: 907-771-4303
fax 907.248.7517
----
3903 Taft Drive
Anchorage, Alaska  99517-3069
www.alaskabvi.org           www.twitter.com/alaskabvi
Please consider supporting our mission when you fill out your 2012 PFD application.

         www.pickclickgive.org

The Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Call or visit our website to learn more about how our work transforms lives.
This message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, copying or distribution of any of its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, kindly contact the sender.