[blparent] breastfeeding and prematurity

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Fri Jun 1 17:57:01 UTC 2012

Hi, Bernadetta.  I did what felt like an endless array of natural products
to get my milk supply up.  Carrots, oatmeal, Mother's Milk Tea, even Stout
beer and salt peanuts, as recommended by an old retired nurse at my church.
None of them worked very well, and I did end up having to supplement with
formula, though I kept up the exhausting marathon of feeding and pumping for
my daughter's first year--mostly because I was too damn stubborn to quit, I
think.

Anyway, I digress.  The best thing that helped me was a supplement called
More Milk Plus.  It was a combination of several different herbs.  I urge
you to find out more about it at www.motherlove.com.  The Web site is very
accessible, and the company backs up its health claims with scientific
information.  I suppose by the time I bought the amount of More Milk Plus I
needed to get through the first year, I didn't save much money over buying
formula.  But I was able to keep breastmilk in my baby's diet, which was the
important thing to me.  Hope this helps.

Jo Elizabeth

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a
song."  Maya Angelou