[blparent] learning time

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Fri Jun 1 18:00:08 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to think of a positive sounding thing to call study time this
summer. My oldest is still working on finishing up his 7th grade curriculum
and my two youngest both have areas they need to work on. I plan to count
the in home speech therapy time in this because that gives me an opportunity
to work with the other two on things the little one does not have the
language skills for. I had originally thought to call it study time on the
daily schedule, but I suspect that will not have the positive spin I am
hoping for. I am looking for suggestions to fit this into the daily schedule
and still keep it sounding fun, or at least not like school.

Ok, so I wrote that first part and was then forced to take some time off
with my children. The thought came to me that I could call it table time as
we do most of this kind of activity at the kitchen table.

This is work they must do. We have to work on the reading skills of one,
speech therapy and basic pre-kindergarten skills for another, and sign
language for all of us. We can not just take the summer off and laze around.

I would love to know more about what you all plan to do to keep your kids
happy and busy this summer.

Jennifer