[blparent] being active with your child

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 04:59:48 UTC 2012

I too absolutely love being physical with my son and I've always been very
athletic.  The following are just some of the things I love to do with my
son for fun that my blindness doesn't impede at all.

Hike with my son on my back in a carrier
Go for long walks through the neighborhood with my son holding my hand or in
a carrier or both
Swim
Rough house on the bed and soft ground
Fly my son through the air like a bird and swing him in my arms
Role and toss balls back and forth
Climb on playground and gym equipment
Tandem bike with my son in a baby seat on the back
Put bells on my son and chase him through large grassy open areas
Army crawl through the house after my son growling like a dinosaur while my
son squeals with delight and tries to get away
Put on some fun music and dance around the room or house with my son either
in my arms or holding onto my hands and trying to keep his feed on top of
mine
Perform exercises on the floor showing my son different moves and positions,
(They love to mimic and have a blast doing simple stretches, sit-ups, arm
circles, leg lifts and bicycle motions and many others.)
Singing lots of silly songs that involve lots of movement like clapping
hands, stomping feet, kicking legs, waving arms, jumping up and down,
bending and much more.

Erin