[blparent] Further Dishwasher Questions

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Wed Jun 6 01:41:07 UTC 2012

Hi.  A week or two ago--sometimes it feels like a year ago--I asked about how to clean out my dishwasher.  I got some great ideas and tried vinegar first, then bleach, and finally CLR, which is a compound especially made for getting dishwashers clean.  My dishwasher is doing a lot better, but on the load I just took out, there were a couple of glasses and bowls that still had spots on them.  Anyway, I could feel little specks.  I showed Gerald and he said he could hardly see them, but that yes, there were tiny spots in the places I pointed out.  He said to just leave the dishes that way because it was barely noticeable and who cared.  Maybe I'm too obsessive, but I couldn't leave them like that, so I washed them off by hand.

You have to understand, I've only ever had two dishwashers in my life, the one I had in my last apartment and this one that I bought with my condo.  The one I had in my apartment never did work right, so I didn't use it.  I don't have much to compare this one to.  My question is, am I expecting too much?  For those of you who have dishwashers, do your glasses and bols and plates come out with specks on them that you can feel?  Or is my dishwasher just headed for the landfill?  Should I quit using it and go back to old-fashioned elbow grease and a sponge?

Sorry I've gone on so long.  Hyper kids on summer vacation have given me brain cramps today.  If this message is off topic, feel free to write to me privately.

Jo Elizabeth

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."  Maya Angelou