[blparent] The maid wants to go on strike!

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Wed Jun 6 21:38:42 UTC 2012

First of all, for your information, I don't get an SSI check, or a welfare
check of any kind.  Not that it's any of your damn business where my money
comes from, but I work from home as a braille proofreader.  Most of the
money to support my household comes from me.  Frankly, I work my ass off.  I
spend time with my daughter and stepson during the day, working when I can,
and then I work for three or four hours a night when my daughter has gone to
bed.  My stepson's dad--who is not my husband by the way I only say stepson
for lack of a less awkward word--owns a small watch repair shop, so he is
gone from the house during the day, but both of us are working.  Secondly,
it would be nice if you check the facts before you run off at the mouth.
And thirdly, even if I didn't have a job besides being a homemaker, which I
do, I should be able to expect some help and cooperation from the other
people who live with me.  I'll stop there because the resst of what I feel
like saying wouldn't be appropriate for a family-oriented list.

Jo Elizabeth

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a
song."  Maya Angelou