[blparent] Fun Summer Vacation Activities

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 00:22:12 UTC 2012

Some fun summer activities that I can think of include the following:

Summer camps provided by church or community parks
Having a family pick nick
Playing outside on a rainy day in the mud puddles for a mucky good time
Going swimming at the local YMCA
Getting together with friends for a BBQ with some games for the kids
Going on a nature hike-bird watch exploration
Send the kids out on a scavenger hunt
Have coffee with a friend while your kids and their kids play
Volunteer at the local humane society or nursing home to expose kids to
charity and new things
Do some creative hands-on crafts
Put some food coloring in the children's bath water so they can swim in the
ocean as a treat
Make up songs together
Attend a local kid friendly play or musical performance
Help out an elderly  neighbor by walking their dog, helping them around the
house or by simply spending some time with them
Read a book from the library about something new and then do an activity
based on that newly learned thing
Have your child pick out some toys that they don't play with any more but
are in good shape and bring your child to donate them
Fly a kite
Create sculptures with Plato
Let your kids dress you up and put makeup on you for a laughing good time
Cook a feast together or bake a treat
Write letters together to relatives and-or good friends. Have your children
make pictures to add to the letters
Draw outside with chalk
Help your kids prepare a lemonade stand
Older kids could knock on neighbors doors and provide dog-walking or lawn
mowing services for a low fee
Go on a bug hunt outside and talk about how the bugs help the earth
Blow bubbles outside
Have a water balloon fight
Treat kids to a vanilla bean lotae at Starbucks to share some grown-up time
with you
Bring kids to the mall to play around on the play structures for kids
Go to the zoo
Go to a local theme park
Go to a local fair
Play in the sprinklers
Make a circus of your own at home using stuffed animals, makeup and whatever
clothes you can put together.
Have the kids make a play to perform for the adults of the house after
dinner
Go to a museum
Make a play band with whatever you have around the house for instruments
Do a Christmas in July celebration just within your home for the family.
Have kids help you decorate, cook and sing songs together.

This is all I can come up with for now.  Must run off and make dinner.

Erin