[blparent] Fun Summer Vacation Activities

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Thu Jun 7 17:31:56 UTC 2012

I plan to spend a lot of time at the Library. It is only half a mile away
and they have a lot of fun activities scheduled this summer besides the
regular fun stuff. We do not have any parks within walking distance, but
there is one I am planning to check out that we can get to on the bus. We
also have memberships to the zoo and the science museum so we will be
packing some picnic food and spending time there too. We would go more but
it is still $15 for the round trip on the local Para transit. We have taken
the city bus there when we could not get a ride scheduled on the lift, but
that is two hours and a hideous transfer each way.

We love our memberships. My mil gives them to the kids for Christmas and
birthdays. I love this because it is less clutter and we all enjoy it.
Ironically she considers them a kind of consolation prize because she gives
the other grand kids 6 Flags season passes. I have made it clear that I will
not be taking them to the amusement park we have here by myself and that we
prefer the zoo and museum memberships. It just ads to the list of reasons
she thinks I am crazy, because she would have loved to be able to take her
boys to 6 Flags and the like when they were children. Over time she is
coming to my way of thinking on the memberships. She called this morning and
wants to come take the boys to the science museum tomorrow. They make nice
weather proof outings and because the boys go regularly they are happy to
leave after a couple of hours if that is all the time you have to spend.

I try to get them out of the house and out doing things because that seems
to be what works best for my kids. I am a home body and would really prefer
to stay home, but I will get plenty of that in the future when they are
grown. :)

Jennifer