[blparent] Fun Summer Vacation Activities

Brandy W ballstobooks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 00:58:08 UTC 2012

Hi, As you may remember I do child care in my home, and currently I have 4
year old twins and a 1 and a half year old. First and most importantly kids
need to play freely with no limits or stricter with safety rules of course.
Over half of what children learn they learn through play. Next we read, and
read, and read!!! If kids don't read over the summer and in their preschool
years they are at a great disadvantage. Don't get me wrong I do structured
extra activities, but I think it is tough for us to remember that when we
were kids we played out doors for many hours and are likely to be some of
the fondest memories of childhood. Some of the things we do are music with
rhythm instruments, sprinklers, squirting animals, sand table, obstacle
courses outside, and in on bad whether days, side walk paint and chalk,
bubbles, riding trikes, cooking fun kid foods like smoothies, no bake
cookies, Ants on a log and such, we work my newly grown garden, race around
the outside of the house, water balloons, kiddy pool in the back yard, walks
to the park, trips to the library for the activities they put on like the
juggler we saw last week, I freeze ice in different shapes and colors and
dump it in a tub for them to play with, we make shave ice, and ice-cream,
play a small amount of I touch and leapster games, board games as playing
games prepares kids for life skills, and I know there is more, but I'm so
tired!

Bran

"To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is
a spark."
- Victor Hugo

Brandy Wojcik  Discovery Toys Educational Consultant and Team leader
(512) 689-5045
www.playtoachieve.com
Follow me on Face Book at
http://www.facebook.com/PlayToAchieve.DiscoveryToys

Read my new blog at www.playtoachieveballstobooks.wordpress.com

Looking forward to helping you with your educational toy needs!