[blparent] Can't keep in a bubble

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon Jun 11 03:22:05 UTC 2012

The little boy who lives a few houses down was running summer before last,
leaped up and tried to grab the tree branch, missed and fell and broke his
collar bone.  That was the first week of summer. He was 7.
The grass was wet as the  sprinklers had just gone off and if that was a
contributing factor no one knows, but his mom was standing right  there and
she said it was like watching a movie.
A few years ago, the neighbors were swinging in their backyard, on a fancy
smancy swing set and the little girl flipped off backwards and broke her
wrist and her mom, another neighbor and I were standing right there. Kids
are dangerous at all speeds.
Gab is a scaredy cat but even she came flying down the neighbors drive-way
on her scootter last summer, hit the lip of the road and flew face first
into the asfault.  Luckily her elbows took the brunt of the fall and not her
face.