[blparent] When not to be a united front.

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Tue Jun 26 13:02:30 UTC 2012

Here is a little parenting conundrum. I struggle with this in my own
relationship with my kids and their father. I generally believe in
presenting a united front, but what about when your partner says something
that is just factually wrong or regular sets  bad example with his abuse of
the English language? How and when do you correct the facts? I have given up
on correcting the grammar violations he makes, but it is an ongoing issue
with my kids because they are perfectly willing to point out that their dad
does the same thing I just corrected one of them for. I am just wondering if
anyone else struggles with this kind of thing and what other people think
about it. I am not really asking for a solution as this is, of course, a
matter that is mixed up with the greater picture of any relationship.

Jennifer