[blparent] for Jo Elizabeth

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Fri Jun 29 01:46:05 UTC 2012

Yes, just north of Denver.  The Boulder fire is pretty close to us, maybe a
twenty minute drive in the car.  I found out yesterday that a cousin of mine
who lives near one of the fires was relocated to the dorms of a college
campus, which has opened up the rooms left empty by students on summer
vacation to fire evacuees.  Many towns and cities are asking everyone who
has spare bedrooms to consider opening their homes, but we're bursting at
the seams in my house already.  I worry what the summer will bring.  There
are still at least three hot, dry months to come.  We had some mean-looking
clouds yesterday, with lightning and thunder, but then we got big fat
raindrops for just a few minutes before the storm moved on.  Most places
have made any kind of fireworks illegal this year, although before the ones
that stay on the ground were tolerated.  People used to drive across the
Wyoming border and buy any kind of fireworks they wanted.  I hope most
people will use common sense this year and find another way to celebrate the
Fourth, since a new blaze could start anywhere.

You've got fires down there in New Mexico, too, right?  A friend of mine has
a sister living in Durango, which is sort of near Four Corners, and the
smoke from the New Mexico fires was kicking up her asthma in a big way.

Jo Elizabeth

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a
song." Maya Angelou