[blparent] Teaching society about blindness

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed Mar 7 20:33:51 UTC 2012

I noticed that as well, using knives and other sharp utensils is not a
vision thing but a being careful thing.

"I still have just enough sight to be able to use sharp knives"

Your own biases are showing here. :) You have made some good points in this
post and I hope you do not think this is the only thing I have taken from
your response. It is just that I have been totally blind since 1987 and I
use knives regularly. Depending on how much vision you have, you may find
that you are able to move faster with a knife if you give up trying to use
your vision for the task.

Jennifer