[blparent] Early pregnancy and food sensitivity

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 02:56:51 UTC 2012

I too am in the early stages of pregnancy. I will be 14 weeks this
Wednesday, and I too have been asking the round of questions from
doctors and friends. I was told by my doctors that any caffeine is okay
if consumed in smaller amounts. Eight ounces of a caffeinated drink per
day is okay, but more than that can cause problems to you as well as
baby, and very large amounts of caffeine may lead to  a loss of
pregnancy. It's also natural for pregnant women to experience elevated
heart rates as things progress, which caffeine will certainly not help.
Typically, women are advised to avoid drinks like coffee and soda while
pregnant and afterwards if breast feeding. I don't drink coffee and
usually only have soda when not at home and no other option is
available, so the switch hasn't been very difficult for me, but if my
husband was carrying the baby, it would be very difficult for him since
he's a huge coffee drinker, smile. The Mayo clinic website has really
great info on health including for pregnancy as do many, many other
websites. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: