[blparent] Pregnancy and food sensitivty

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 03:21:24 UTC 2012

I eat pretty healthy normally, but since discovering I was pregnant,
I've been eating a lot of organic food when possible, and fitting into
the budget, especially produce and dairy. We purchase hormone-free milk
and eggs, as well as hormone-free meat when possible, avoid food high in
fat especially trans-fat as well as lunchmeats which contain nitrates,
and studies are suggesting food with nitrates such as lunchmeats and
hotdogs can be detremental especially when pregnant. Fortunately, I've
not experienced sensitivities to food, though nausea has been a huge
problem. I'm probably the only pregnant woman craving lettuce salads
though, giggle! I eat several salads a day, and for lunch and dinner, I
often eat one with grilled chicken, cheese and a few other things like
raisins or peas. Did others experience a feeling of increased hunger?
I've always heard of pregnant women feeling hungrier than usual, and
most women I know who have been pregnant seemed to be hungry endlessly,
but I've yet to feel more hungry than normal. Actually, my husband is
eating more than I am; I think he's having sympathy hunger, grin! I
often hear him say, "I'm craving 'insert food'." We have 27 weeks to go
so not sure what he' sgoing to look like by the end! LOL

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan