[blparent] powdered formula

Eileen Levin eileenlevin at comcast.net
Sun Mar 25 14:11:15 UTC 2012

I think one of things that makes formula so annoying is that it's so light
and fluffy it floats and there is little to no feedback on when it begins to
spill. Practicing the motions with some sugar or flower might be useful.

My husband and I made up a juice container worth at a time.  It was easier
for me to just measure out a containers worth of powder into plastic
sandwich bags. I'd line a large coffee mug with the sandwich bag then dump
the powder in. The row of bags also helped me to see if I was getting a
consistent amount of powder into each batch of formula.
I did all my work in the sink. To level the formula measuring cup, I would
hold the cup closer to one edge of the formula  can. Then scrape the flat
side of a knife across the top of the scoop starting on the side closest to
the can and pushing the excess powder to the more open side of the formula
can.
When I needed the powder I cut a corner off the plastic sandwich bag and
used it like a funnel to dump the powder into the juice container for
mixing.

Stores also sell plastic containers that can store 3 inidual servings of
formula. We also bought the individually packed servings of formula for when
we were out.
Have a great day,
Eileen