[blparent] an update

Tay Laurie j.t.laurie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 20:20:38 UTC 2012

Chris and everyone,
my belief is that far too many children are hasilty diagnose with add or
adhd and placed on med that they don't need. It is a known fact,
(medlineplus, dailymed from the NIH) that some of the medicine used for add
or adhd are methamphetamines. I don't blame her for not wanting to shove
that down her hchild's throat without a very good reason.
If the school is trying to force her to give her child meds that he may or
may not need, and are refusing to try something like talk therapy first,
then that tells me that the school is happy to have a classroom full of
docile little robots, rather than bright, interested students.
Personally, if they're illegal for nonprescription use,and are touted as
having those same horribe effects, why are these effects so neatly
overlooked by the docs, pharmaseutical repts, etc, pushing these pills? Two
and three year old aren't ADD or ADHD, they're hiper little balls of energy.
That's normal!
CPS should, hopefully, give her a fair shake at defending herself and the
healt hof her child by simply stating that blindly following the adivice of
a state-sponsored doctor whose only job is to scribble prescription and go
on ski trips isn't in her nor her child's best interest. So she has every
right to try all other options before meds. If she has, and meds are the
last resort, then a trial, perhaps. the maxim, lowest dose, shortest
possible duration, means something.