[blparent] an update

Kate McEachern kflsouth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 02:56:05 UTC 2012

I'm not making a diagnosis.  If you took it that way then that is how you
felt it was ment though it wasnt.  I was looking at a worst-case-scenario.
But, answer this, what does ADHD meds have to do with being a blind parent?
My first e-mail was not a reaction to her child going to a Doctor, it was a
reaction to a normal sounding e-mail spiralling in to what I perceived as
paranoya .  Out of frustration that people are focusing on if meds are good
or bad or contain illegal drugs concerns me.  And as a parent of a child
with issues, the knee-jerk reaction to meds is irrelevant.

I am not picking on her I wish her well.  But Her e-mail and past e-mail
give an impression of being more concerned with reacting to her Dad rather
then exploring fully what could be going on with her son.  I will admit
testing may find results that are not liked but its better to know then not.

I can't help how some take what they read but,  though I can't make a
diagnosis, I am hoping she gets help with whatever is going on in her life.

It should be noted that behavior problems in children if not delt with
properly when their younger can become very serious very quickyly.

The topic is dropped.

Kate