[blparent] bottles, bags and nipples

Jan Wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:07:05 UTC 2012

A friend of mine is going to have a baby and she has already decided that she will be pumping exclusively  (For the six weeks)  and then  maybe even supplementing with formula, but she does not want to actually breastfeed from the breast.... ... it is complicated and she is a bit strange. But, anyway, .
She asked me about bottles.
I usually  get the playtex bottles with the bags b/c I thought that the baby  would  get less air from  them.
but, all of the breastpumps come with plastic bottles --- all, except the playtex pump and I did not find that one very effective.
Is there something good that I don't know about the plastic bottles????
And, I get the playtex slow flow (most like breast nipples) nipples. [at least that is what the package says].
Has there been any reviews/studies on nipples and which ones work best. One of my friends got the nipples that are round nubs and flat on top. the nipples that I buy are kind of rounded, like the nipple shields.
the little formula packets that the hospital gives you have these round nipples, but they are small and my lactation consultant said that they were also not good to help baby's suck.... Any suggestions. she asked me which bottles and nipples were best and while I had my own opinion, I just wanted to see if the facts matched my opinion.
Thanks.