[blparent] Healthy foods- candy and sweets

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 19:07:09 UTC 2012

Jo Elizabeth,

We have to watch the sweets with Penny too. If you give her candy or
desserts with a meal, it's over. She won't touch anything else. She has
one of the worse sweet toothes I've ever seen, grin.

Crispy Cream is definitely not a temptation for me, but I get a craving
for a juicey cheeseburger every now and then. Whenever we do fastfood, I
usually get a kids meal, but still... Can't indulge too much on any of
this stuff, darn, smile.

We joke around here because ever since I became pregnant, Ross is the
one with the cravings, LOL! Hey, the bigger he is, the smaller I look,
giggle. He's one of those guys who doesn't put weight on quickly, and
when he does, he hides it well. I still look like I just have a
basketball or something under my shirt even thought I'm almost six
months along now, though the "girls" give it away too, ha-ha!

Fortunately I don't have problems with dairy, at least not yet, so I can
enjoy cheesecake from time to time. My grandma and mom are alergic to
dairy though my mom still insists upon eating things like ice cream, but
then she regrets it. I think Ross may have a mild aversion to dairy, but
he has never been diagnosed.

I don't often buy candy for Penny. I tend to bake a lot especially since
I'm home so much now, but even with baked goods, I have to give them to
her sparingly, though she's a little rail. She has the spindliest arms,
smile. She's a very, very picky eater to the point where she'll eat
something at one meal and at another she won't even touch it. But she
never, never says no to candy and sweets. I think a lot of it is because
my sister gave her things like ice cream and freezer pops when she was
still very little. It's like a crack baby- she had the taste and now
wants more, grin.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: