[blparent] Healthy foods- proteins

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 19:55:47 UTC 2012

Erin,

I eat a lot of Greek yogurt, which is high in protein along with eggs
(two a day, in any form, are good, and eggs contain a lot of other
really good things) cheese, especially munster and guda, and since I eat
a sandwhich almost every day for lunch, I get protein from the chicken
and turkey I use. I do buy organic, hormone-free eggs, dairy and meat
since the hormones added in many foods are not good for baby or mama,
smile.

I have never been a fan of peanut butter. When I do crave a
cheeseburger, we usually end up making them at home with the George
Foreman grill. I mix in a little Worchestershire sauce, diced onions,
fresh minced garlic and ground oregano then form the patties. We usually
eat ground turkey instead of beef, but every now and then we get ground
beef. Sometimes I make a spicier mixer with ground meat with cumin
and/or hot sauce along with minced jalpenos. Just depends on the mood.

I also do a lot of lettuce salads with romain lettuce, shredded cheese,
grilled chicken and other veggies.

Because of a GI condition, I don't digest certain foods properly and
quickly, I can't eat a lot of fiber or whole wheat and whole grain
foods, which is crappy since I have always preferred wheat breads, but
we have switched to Italian bread, which is sugar-free and fat-free. We
buy a brand that is really good, Rotella's. I think it's local.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan