[blparent] Advice: buying a house

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Wed May 9 22:12:49 UTC 2012

Hi there When we bought our house we wound up not getting it through our realator because he didn't show it to us. He had his own ideas about not only what we should buy but from the prospective of us wanting a nanny to live with us and take care of our child. We didn't have a nanny and didn't intend having one. He also chose houses that weren't in proximity to schools because he assumes that someone would come and take our child to school. I didn't believe that was any of his business oand he didn't seem to understand our need to be near public transportation. You need to have someone if posible that is willing to help you check out the house apart from the person selling it to make sure things are in order such as good plumbing and electrical work.I admit I was hoping that wouldn't be necessary but sometimes it is.