[blparent] Advice: buying a house (Prejudice/Realtors)

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu May 10 04:30:24 UTC 2012

Hi, Sheila.  I never had to deal with a landlord's notion that I would burn
down a place, but I went to college with someone who faced just that.  She
rented a basement apartment from an older couple, and I guess one afternoon
the landlady came down for some reason and saw her cooking.  The landlady
was shocked and said she hadn't known my friend was planning to use the
stove.  Needless to say, my friend found another place to live as quickly as
she could.  It's too bad you had a realtor who wasn't willing to listen to
your needs.  I was very happy with both my realtor and my mortgage broker.
The thing to remember is, those professionals are working for you.  They're
not doing you any favors, they're getting paid well to see that your needs
are met.