[blparent] Technical Question

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri May 11 14:50:56 UTC 2012

Jo Elizabeth,

It is a little hard to give you an exact answer.  I am guessing that some people might be doing a "reply to all" so that sometimes you get two copies of messages, one through the list and one directly to you.
How your e-mail program handles this can depend on the e-mail program.  Also, when you reply to the list, some email programs give you a choice of whether to reply to the list or to the original author.  If you are
not certain, you could do a "reply to all" and then check the addresses before you send your e-mail.  Also, be aware of the fact that you could receive a private message that still has the [blparent] in the
subject that didn't come through the list.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 10 May 2012 21:41:07 -0600, Jo Elizabeth Pinto wrote:

>Hi.  Can somebody help me with a bit of a technical issue?  For some reason, when I reply to a message, it's often going back to the person who I'm replying to, but not to the entire list.  What am I doing
wrong?

>Thanks,
>Jo Elizabeth

>"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong.  Because someday in life you will
have been all of these."--George Washington Carver, 1864-1943, American scientist