[blparent] visual stimulation and eye contact with babies

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:05:31 UTC 2012

Bernadetta,

Your baby is getting plenty of eye contact when you play peekaboo and
other games with him. He's still very young and doesn't have great
vision yet and probably can't focus on objects too well. Just use lots
of brightly colored toys to dangle in front of him or take him for a
walk outside so he can see all the pretty things outside.

I could be wrong, but I feel that it isn't so much the direct eye
contact that is important, but it is the focusing that is important
and that comes with age.

LM