[blparent] visual stimulation

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 16:18:08 UTC 2012

Hi Bernadetta,
My little one is 5mo now.
The doctor always says that he is very alert.
We act as if we are looking at him. Oh, my DH and I are both totally
blind (ok, he can see light), but that is all.
We will rattle a toy and take it from side to side to see if he turns
his head. Most of the time, he does. But, honestly, that eye contact
will come because he will learn how to interact with sighted people
quicly. some cultures don't put that high of an importance on eye
contact, but when children or adults come to USA from those cultures,
they learn quickly and make the eye contact. It is not nearly as big
of a deal as some people let on.
Just my 0.02.