[blparent] Mother's Day

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Mon May 14 05:16:30 UTC 2012

Yes, being a mom is such a blessing and it gives us a chance to be the mom
we loved having at times as a kid or on the flip side, it gives us the
opportunity to be the mom we wish we had at times growing up.

Today was wonderful for me.  After church we stopped at the main office of
our complex where they were giving away roses to mothers and serving yummy
treats.  Then we headed out to lunch and after that the San Diego zoo which
was a blast.  It's the simple things in life that truly count.  Watching my
son call out all the animals he could say, try out every chair and bench he
came up to, walk proudly at my side holding his whole fist around my thumb
and flirting with every toddler girl he could lay eyes on was too cute for
words.  Aside from some fabulous quality time as a family, my husband
spoiled me with taking care of the diapers and feedings in addition to
giving me a wonderful massage after our little guy went to bed and we could
just reflect on the day and relax.  A perfect mother's day in my opinion and
one I'll not soon forget.

Erin