[blparent] Mobiles

Tammy tcl189 at rogers.com
Wed May 16 14:59:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

Mobiles are one of those things that really are personal taste and expense
issues for the most part.  We had one that came apart so once the portion
with the hanging toys became a safety hazard at about 6 months or so, when
the baby starts to pull on the toys, we could still have the music box
attached to the crib.  Honestly though, a mobile isn't necessary, and Ashlyn
really loves her aquarium to look at before she falls asleep.   It does
everything that a mobile does but doesn't have the hanging bit so is useful
for as long as you use a crib.  There are lots of versions of it made by
different companies and in different themes, so there are a ton of choices
and variations you can pick from.  Mine even has a remote so you don't have
to go into the baby's room to turn it on and wake them up if they're getting
sleepy but not quite there yet.

hth

Tammy