[blparent] Mobiles

debbie grace debbiegrace at gci.net
Sun May 20 19:12:22 UTC 2012

Hi,
Please take me off your mailing list.
Thank You
Debbie Grace

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Melissa Ann Riccobono
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:25 AM
To: 'Blind Parents Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [blparent] Mobiles

There are actually devices that make sounds/music and also show pictures
which clip onto the side of a crib.  Fisher Price makes the Ocean Wonders
aquarium which does all of these things, and both of my kids enjoyed it a
lot.  I'm sure there are other products out there as well.  We did also have
a mobile, but that is only because it came with the crib bedding set we
purchased...  Which, by the way, we probably wouldn't have gotten without
some very nice gift cards from friends/family.  It actually broke after a
few months, so with our second we just hung the dangling sea creatures on a
hook as kind of a wall hanging over her crib, but she couldn't reach them.
I'd say, if you want a mobile, great.  If you don't want to have one, there
are certainly lots of other ways to make sure your baby gets the visual
stimulation he or she needs.
Melissa