[blparent] warning about Future Aids, The Braille Super Store! (Verizon)

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu May 17 03:41:30 UTC 2012

Verizon is the lowest of lowly scum.  I wouldn't do business with that
company again if it was the last provider on earth.  I've told everybody
that since 2004 when they claimed I owed them money for terminating a
nonexistent contract.  I did end up paying because their deal was that I had
to go to arbitration with one of their own arbitrators.  Like I didn't know
how that would have turned out?

Besides, the customer service representative who told me I wasn't under
contract on the phone was an idiot.  I asked her if there were simple phones
available, with just the numeric keypad and maybe voice mail, nothing else.
I explained that I was blind and that I couldn't use the menus and screens
on the fancy phones.  She thought for a second and then, I kid you not, she
said, "Well, can you hear?  We have those phones that turn speech into
text."  I said, "did you really just ask me that?  You asked if I could
hear, right?  I'm having a conversation with you, asking and answering
questions.  Do you think I can hear?"  And she didn't get it, she just kind
of went, oh.  I terminated my service and switched to another provider, got
socked with the fee, paid it, and then reclaimed $69 out of $175 in the
class action lawsuit. Grrr!

Okay, done ranting.