[blparent] Taking kids to zoo alone

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Mon May 21 20:53:44 UTC 2012

Hello list,

We have a zoo membership here in San Diego and I want to take our almost 19
month old son to the zoo during the week by myself.  There is a really
awesome free program they have here at our zoo where they offer a personal
guide for up to 4 hours for those with impairments as long as you notify the
zoo ahead of time.  I know that this is something I will utilize for sure
but wanted to hear from those of you who might have taken advantage of
things like this and how it went?  It will especially be nice to walk around
with someone who really knows our very large zoo and have them read
informational signs that we might be interested in and inform me as to what
the animals are doing that we visit so that I can interact with my son and
talk to him about what's going on.

Thanks,

Erin