[blparent] children and trust

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Sat May 26 20:54:38 UTC 2012

Just checked the website and that product is unavailable right now. We
likely don't use our leash enough. Mostly because we don't venture out
unless it's a group activity with our church or something. In those cases
someone sighted always has him. We have an amazing network of support here
with lots of help, and we're together so much that we all look after each
others kids. When he is allowed to walk places though he has to use his
leash and hold hands in the hopes that he will get use to that and not have
the leash for too long. We are a very close nit community though so he gets
a lot of freedom that likely wouldn't be happening if we didn't have tons
of support and help. and some of us have been friends for over 15 years and
I looked after some of their kids when they were little so that helps. We
had a classic discuss a few weeks ago over our sons behavior. Because some
of the younger moms with small girls about his age have a hard time with
his boyish nature. It's been resolved as best as it can be, Only my husband
and I and the pastor and his wife are allowed to judge wether he deserves a
timeout or not. the reason for the pastors involvment is because he sees
through some of the antics us girls and women can go through when it comes
to blowing things way out of preportion. For a while there I was even
afraid to let him go to the nursery because it seemed he was always in
trouble and most times it was for no good reason, my pastors words not
mine. The kids are watched much more closely now because of this which I am
grateful because since they have been watched better my son has been
somewhat vindicated. Doesn't get into trouble as much now that we know what
is really going on. The girls sometimes provoke him because he reacts
instead of thinking.I guess not only a leash helps but, keeping a good eye
on the little ones is essential too. Neither my husband nor I are on
nursery so we have to rely on the adults to be fair which wasn't happening
all the time. So sometimes on the rare occasion the question should be not
only children and trust but, also parents and trust.

--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!